18 February 2018

Back to the Grind - College Edition

Welcome back!

This year seems to be chugging by as we're  a l r e a d y nearing the end of February! Where is the time going?! I've been super busy this past month and so very motivated and I felt it would be a great post to show you guys were I'm at at the moment.


(Source: stocksnap.io)

I'm so thankful to be surrounded by driven, hard working, and motivational people and that's definitely given me a good ole kick in the butt to get back in the game with my classes. I stopped taking classes about two and a half years ago because I didn't know where I wanted to be in life. I didn't know what I wanted to do and to be honest, I just felt like I wouldn't be good at anything.

In the past, I've gotten myself into trying to get into programs and getting into degrees that wasn't something I enjoyed. And because of that, I wasn't motivated to continue. By the time I realized I should do something with my life  that I enjoy instead of just taking anything because it might pay well, I was already taking classes without purpose. Kind of like just going through the motions of college without a plan or an end goal. I decided to take some time off of class and just work but that short time to think turned into almost nearly three years of not taking any classes.

The year 2017 really helped me focus on what I want in life. I want to be able to do something I enjoy and something I'm relatively okay at. So, I decided I wanted to take up an English Major as my degree. Although I'm not totally sure what path exactly I'd like to take with that degree once I get it, I'm in the process of just starting this journey and seeing where it leads me in the end.

Also, please keep in mind that although my posts aren't the most creative and well drafted or informational.. I'm only starting out my classes! I'm hoping the more classes I take and the more years I get into it, it'll also reflect onto my blog. Improving your craft!

I started my classes in the middle of January and it surely has been a rush! I'm more motivated than I've ever been to do well and get to where I would like to be in life. Between classes and working my normal hours, I've realized how much of planning ahead will keep me in control and up to date with all my work. That also includes my blogging! I started off January with only one post for 2018 but blogging is something I love to do and I'm trying to fit it in my schedule to continue to bring out new content while balancing class and work as well.

As I take these classes and continue on my journey of an English Major, I look forward to bettering my blog and my posts while I grow and learn a new passion of mine!

Thanks for all your patience with my posts and thanks for reading!

Jay




16 comments:

  1. Jay- I’m so excited for your academic journey. I think it was smart to take a break to figure it out- I sometimes look back and wish I had more time to sort out what I wanted to do, it is not an easy thing for most people to know what to do that young! I’m trying to figure it out most times still haha!! I love that you’ve chosen to focus on English, I think that reflects a lot of your interests and can’t wait to see how your blog will grow the more your learn. Can’t go wrong with furthering your education. Very inspirational. Excited to read upcoming posts- definitely update us on your classes and progress, I’d love to read about it! Xx Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such an amazing friend, Jen! Thank you for your never ending support of kind words and encouragement! I'm really looking forward to this and I'm hoping it'll reflect onto my blog. I'll make sure to keep you updated!
      Thanks again xoxo

      Jay

      Delete
  2. I wish i had your courage to take a break. I wanted to for this year but then got the whole its one year and you get a degree. I admire you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! How sweet! Such a lovely comment, thank you! Trust me, if I can do it, so can you! Give it a go. It's never too late.
      xx Jay

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you're motivated again. I hope your re-entrance in the college-life will be a good one! I look forward to seeing your blog grow and what kind of content you will post!
    I think it's a very brave decision that you choose to stop classes those years ago. I've been there as well; just going through the classes. But I didn't had the courage to stop. Now I actually study what I love.
    Great post and I wish you lots of luck with your education!

    x Angela / sincerelyangiejj.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! I'm so glad you were able to find your passion even when you had gone through the motions! It's super important to find something you really enjoy.
      Thank you so much for your comment. xoxo

      Jay xx

      Delete
  4. I look forward to seeing more. My degree is in English lit and while I don't necessarily work in the field, it was extremely formative and helped me grow into who I am. I hope it does the same for you.

    Http://ashlovesfoodanddrink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! I do feel like it's a great subject to study just to continue learning. I think it'll help in every field. Thanks for the comment xoxo

      Jay

      Delete
  5. Good luck with everything!! I’m sure you’ll do amazingly well ❤️ I totally agree I’ve always picked courses at sixth form thinking oh that’ll look good on a uni application or something but i just can’t bring myself to go! I’ve almost finished my critical thinking course and after that I think I’m going to start doing things I enjoy more! Thanks for sharing

    Ellie
    www.headintheclouds.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's the way to go. You'll never steer wrong if you're taking courses you enjoy. I feel like that show more about you on your uni application rather than just taking anything. Good luck with that and thank you for your comment! xx

      Jay

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you took a break if it was best for you! Good luck with everything <3

    www.bethlouise.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your motivated again! Good luck with it all!

    Jessica & James | www.foodandbaker.co.uk / www.foodandbakertravels.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are you from? (just curious)
    There are people who know what they want immediately, there are people that don't. There are also people that take one course and stay miserable during it, but there are also people who realize what they (don't) want and try something else. I think it's brave and intelligent to realize this. I'm really happy that you found something for yourself. I really hope you'll love it and be successful with it in the future :)

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete