07 December 2016

The Blogging Friends I Christmas Q+A Tag (2016 Edition)

Welcome back, little birdies!

I have some exciting news. For the past month I've been in a blogging WhatsApp group called The Blogging Friends. TBF was founded by non other than Peta from Pe-ta. She is so talented, goal driven and such a great friend to all the girls in the group. I'm BEYOND happy that she thought of this idea and added me along to it! There's about 19 of us all together and I couldn't be more excited with everyone involved. With speaking pretty much everyday and them becoming a norm in my everyday life, they've become some of my closest friends. The love and support (and banter) that goes on in our chats are some of the best. I'm so glad to be involved. So to Peta, thank you again for your brilliant idea and bringing us all together.


One of the girls from the group, Emma from Emmalanglands came up with the idea to do a TBF Christmas tag. All the girls in the group pitched in to come up with questions for the tag. Although I'm not sure how many questions were originally involved, I think it is condensed down to 30 questions.

Grab your hot chocolate and let's get into the questions, shall we!?

1. What is your favorite Christmas song?
My favorite Christmas song has to be Santa Baby :)

2. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Elf! For sure. Either that or Home Alone 1. Classsic.

3. When do you start feeling festive?
Normally right after Thanksgiving, but this year I started feeling festive on November 1st!

4.What is the best Christmas present you've ever received?
I'm not to sure which is the best. I'm thankful for anything I receive. :)

5. What is the worst Christmas present you've ever received?
The worst present I've ever received was when I was like 5 years old and my sister gave me COAL! The worst thing about it is she wrapped it in a box and bow. We laugh about it now ;) haha

6. Do you prefer traditional or modern Christmas decorations?
Can I have a mixture of both? What I grew up with and some new ones as well.

7. What is your favorite Christmas Advert?
I don't think they're as big here in the U.S. but I have been watching the much hyped John Lewis ones that I can find on YouTube. :)

8. White, muliti-colored or something completely out of the box when it comes to Christmas tree lights?
We've always had multi-colored lights on out tree. I leave the white ones for my room :)

9. Have you ever been on a Christmas holiday? If so, where? If not,where would you like to go?
I don't know if I'd call it a Christmas holiday. I did go to Puerto Rico for Christmas one year to visit family. It was so weird being somewhere where it was hot for the holidays!

10.  Do you prefer going out or staying in at Christmas?
Definitely staying in unless we're going out to see more family. Nothing is open on Christmas anyways :)

11. Who cooks Christmas dinner?
My mom! It's always very delicious.

12. When did you stop believing in Santa?
At a very young age. Don't remember the exact age but believing in Santa didn't last long haha.

13. How did you find out Santa wasn't real?
When I was younger when I saw my dad and uncle bring in my Christmas present that said "from Santa" on it haha.

14. What is your favorite thing to do to get you in the Christmas spirit?
Wrap presents while listening to festive music. Never fails!

15. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? When do you take them down?
Usually beginning of December to the end of December. 

16. When do you start Christmas shopping?
I started kind of late this year but I like to start slowly in September so I'm not broke by December haha

17. Do you go see a pantomime?
I'll be honest, I didn't know what that is. I had to google it. From the definition on google, I think it's safe to say I've never seen one. So I certainly haven't this year :p

18. Basic or patterned wrapping paper? or gift bags because #GirlHasNoTimeToBeWrapping
Patterned! I love cute designs on wrapping paper. Sometimes I'll wrap it AND put it in a gift bag.... #ThisGirlHasTOOMuchTime hahaha

19. What is your favorite winter tipple?
I did have to ask the girls what this was haha it was explained to me that it's like a Christmas-y drink? Well mine would have to be hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmellows. YUMM..

20. What is your favorite Christmas smell?
Hmm, good question. Well, I like my Bath and Body Works candle in Roasted Marshmellows. Smells delish!

21. Do you have any festive family traditions?
Unfortunately, we don't have any! Maybe when I'm older I'll have a festive tradition with my future husband.

22. What has been your favorite Christmas so far and why?
I don't think I have a favorite. Any Christmas I spend with my family is a good one :)

23. What is your favorite Christmas food?
That's a tough one because we really don't have a traditional Christmas meal. Whatever mom decides to make I guess haha

24. What's your favorite part of Christmas Dinner?
Just like Thanksgiving, my favorite part of Christmas dinner is spending time with the fam! Like I said before, we don't have a certain meal we eat every Christmas so Family and whatever the food is on that day :)

25. What is your favorite Christmas product?
My favorite Christmas product would have to be a bath bomb... does that count?! I tend to love it much more during these cold holiday months rather than the summer.

26. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
We don't really have a tradition. I guess just as everyone else, waking up in the morning to exchange gifts together.

27. What is your most treasured Christmas memory?
I treasure every memory spent with family and friends on Christmas. I really love when I spent Christmas in PR with my brother. I also love my group of friends, we have Friendsmas. Just a couple out of many.

28. Did you ever look for presents before Christmas to see what your parent's had stashed away for you?
Absolutely!! All the time when I was younger! I would pretty much always find it. My sister and I once, we very carefully removed the tape to open the presents to see what it was and then would re-tape it. Haha that was the sneakiest I've been to have a peek at presents haha.

29. Online, highstreet shopping or handmade?
I'm not very good at handmade gifts. This year it's pretty much all been online! It's made it THAT much more simple for me!

30. What time do you wake up on Christmas Day?
Probably around 7am. It's the only day that I wake up that early and can't fall back to sleep! haha.


So those were all the questions! I hope you've enjoyed and that it put you in the festive spirit of Christmas! I'll link the girls that are part of The Blogging Friends that took part in the tag down below so you can check out their answers to these questions. I recommend that you take part as well!

Peta - Pe-ta
Emma - Emmalanglands
Holly - A Branch of Holly
Char - Maltesers and Mumblings
Jenny - Beauty Behind Illness
Emily - EmiMarie
Em - Emmjoy
Shannon - ShanyLou
Elena - Elena Isabelle (YouTube)
Claire - Claire Petersen (YouTube)

Go check out their fun answers to the questions!
This girls are amazing and I can't wait to continue to grow in friendship with them!
If you're reading this, I tag YOU to answer these questions as well. :)

Thanks for reading!
Until Next Time,
Jay

(Sorry if you notice the color on the wording got weird. Don't know why they won't go normal haha)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jay you've got me feeling so very festive with this post and thank you for the lovely mention! You're wonderful xx

    pe-ta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't thank you enough! TBF has become part of my life and I'm so happy to be apart of it. Thanks for the comment xoxo

      Jay

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this Jay! Wish I got to read it sooner! I really need to start my shopping in September since I tend to want to shop so darn much for myself around Christmas baha!
    XX Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha isn't that the worst!! I like to shop early so I'm not completely broke by the end of December. Unfortunately for me this year, I didn't start early enough!! Thanks for reading, Jen! xoxo

      Delete