18 August 2016

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette

What? Jay has another neutral palette to show you?! What a surprise!.... ;)



You knew another would come soon enough! I received this gem as a birthday gift back in April. It's Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette. Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea products have been everywhere and talked about by everyone. I personally feel like it's the most hype I've heard from this brand myself. I've even gifted products from this line to other's. It's needless to say I literally jumped for joy when I opened this beaut.


I'm a sucker for packaging. I probably look at that as a factor almost as much I do the quality of the product. It's definitely a selling tactic. Packaging = sell - sell - sell! I fell for Tarte's blue and purple ombre packaging for this palette just on the outside! It's even more beautiful when you actually open it up. The palette itself is covered in gold, purple, and blue and the back of the palette is like a little (distorted..) mirror. It's chic to say the least. Honestly, out of all the palette's I own - this one has the most beautiful aesthetic.


Opening it up, immediately you notice the good sized mirror inside. This one isn't distorted thankfully - haha. It also contains 8 gorgeous neutral shades with a mix of shimmers and mattes. I'll be frank and say I can't really tell which one's are matte except for the shades Sand and Cove but I'm sure you can figure it out better than I can. This palette has a whole bunch of different shades of browns, a silver / purple and even a true nude. I tend to gravitate more towards Sand, Cove and Reef. But I love to try and discover other color combos also.


It's the perfect size to just chuck in your purse if you're traveling and looks beautiful in your makeup collection if you're not. Super excited I was gifted this. I'm not sure if the collection is limited edition (I really hope it isn't) but if it is - I'd suggest grabbing this palette if you're looking to splurge a bit on a higher end eye shadow palette. Definitely a staple in my collection.

This is not sponsored. Although it was given to me by family as a birthday present. I just truly think it's a great palette. And it's really pretty to look at!

Have you tried this palette yet?
Do you know of any dupes for it?

Until next time,
Jay

10 comments:

  1. Omg it's so beautiful! I will definitely be treating myself to this! Such a good post X

    prettylittleflirt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Can't go wrong with a few more neutral shades, can ya!?
      Thanks for the kind words. xx

      Jay

      Delete
  2. Wow this product does look absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and surprisingly haven't heard much hype over it here in the UK. When did it come out? I love the packaging as well! Lovely review!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like it came out earlier this year. I'm not to sure when but I was hearing all about it! The packaging is really pretty :)
      Thank you for the comment, Ashley! xx

      Jay

      Delete
  3. That is such a beautiful palette! I wish it was easier to get hold of Tarte in the UK because their products are stunning! Great post xx

    Emily Faye | www.emilyfayeslittleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! They should make it easier for the UK to get them. Hopefully they'll do that soon because they're definitely worth it. Thank you for your comment! xx

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried the mineral foundation (the original got too oily on me so I want try the mattifying one) and I love the Buxom lip gloss! This looks intriguing though...
    XO
    Jen
    Beautylifemom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buxom lip glosses are wonderful. They have an ingredient in them that helps plump your lips for a bit with this tingly sensation. x

      Jay

      Delete
    2. you probably figured this out already but I meant my comment for the Bare Minerals post! sorry haha but glad I commented under this one because this is a gorgeous shadow palette! I love those shades...and yes- the packaging...I never realized how into packaging I was until recently! Weird, right? Tempted to try this one out!
      Jen

      Delete
    3. Haha I did realize it haha. I figured that's what you meant ;) You definitely should, Jen! It's some beautiful shades right there. And yes! I realized I was a SUCKER for packing when I bought Kathleen Lights quad from ColourPop. I wanted to keep the box! Haha! I would give this one a try.. or at least a little swatch down at Sephora. Won't regret it. Thank you for the comment, lovely!

      Jay

      Delete