24 March 2016

Without A Shadow Of A Doubt

Welcome Back!

One thing I've noticed about my make up is that I tend to stay with what I know. I've contemplated doing a post on all my lipsticks but honestly, they would all be pretty much the same color from different brands. Or the same kind of blush. Same is true for my eye shadows. I've always and still do favor neutral shades verses over the top colors. I'm not much of a bold make up wear-er.. I know me saying this will not stop me from purchasing more nude shadows in the future - I've just come to a knowledge of it. 

Here comes the long winded background story of how I decided to choose this beautiful palette. You might want to grab a coffee. I came across this YouTube video by Sonia where she did an absolutely beautiful purple look. That video itself led me to my endeavor of a higher end palette with a bit of color flowing through it. With some research I came to the conclusion that I wanted the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette. It has some an array of lovely colors that I didn't already have in my collection. I would also like to add that once I get something stuck in my mind - like buying this palette - I get very impatient and have a need to go out right that very moment and buy it. So by no surprise I found myself at Ulta rummaging Urban Decay's  products looking for it. When I was trying to find this it was the beginning of January 2016, and this palette had came out last year. They had a display of it with a tester of the product but no actual palettes to sell. I stalked the store for about a week trying to see if they'd restock when finally an employee let me know that because it was last years palette, they might not be getting it back in stock. I was super bummed about that because I already had my heart set on that one. Before knowing that the new Urban Decay Vice 4 palette was coming out only a week or two after I decided to go for another palette. I was contemplating between the Electric Palette or this Shadow Box palette. I was really looking for a bit of color but I came to the conclusion that the Electric palette was TOO much color for me. I knew I wouldn't be using them all or even at all. So I went for the Shadow Box Palette.



The Urban Decay Shadow Box Palette is small but packs quite a punch. It comes with 12 shades; 11 of them shimmer, 1 matte. I know a few of the colors in this palette are in some of the Naked palettes such as Sin. They are all shimmer  shades except for Blackout. Blackout is the only matte shade in this palette (mind you the shimmer from the other shades do fall out onto Blackout which is why it looks a bit shimmer-y. I assure you, it's not.) It has a lovely array of neutral shades like Lost, Baked Cowboy, and Smog and if you'd like that pop of color you can add the beautiful purple, pink, green and blue shades. I feel like no matter how many neutral palettes you have, and in my case a whole bunch, this palette although small is a gem in the midst of your collection.


Overall I feel that if you're looking to dip your toes in the ocean of beautiful bold colors - this is the palette for you. It is a higher end product but well worth every penny. I say give it a try and see what amazing looks you can get out of the 12 colors in the palette.

If you have this palette, or if you have another bold color palette that you love, let me know!

Thanks for reading!

-Jay

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I feel like I need this palette in my life! I got addicted to shimmer/glitter eyeshadow as of lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moonshadow is gorgeous! I cant usually pull off colour, but that blue screams 'mermaid' like nothing else! Its beautiful!
    Katie xo
    http://misskatief.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/egg-celent-easter-activities.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i love it too! It's absolutely beautiful! I'm sure you can pull it off! I'm leaning on trying more of the fun colors towards summer :)

      -Jay

      Delete